It is not a guessing game. it is not maybe if you meet all the requirements of living right. It is not wait until you die to see if you make it. God did NOT leave us up in the air with no way to actually tell. Breaking it down it boils down to this:
- God instead of making us robots gave us a free will.
- We all have used our free will of choice to rebel and sin against Almighty God.
- God created us and loves us so much He made a way for each one of us even though we are sinners to be reconciled to Him.
- God performed the ultimate gift of love by sending His only begotten Son to pay for our sins on Calvary. Jesus Died, Shed all His blood and Rose again the third day. Jesus gave His life that we might have life.
- To gain this life we must admit we are sinners in that we fall way short of being and living as God intended.
- When we admit we are wretched sinners and turn to Jesus the Christ and Him only we are Saved for all eternity from the fires of Hell. We are then and only then reunited with God. It is called being Born Again because the first birth is a reject. It is called being Saved because we are Saved from Hell and its torments.
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John chapter 3
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
John the Apostle wrote:
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1 John 5:12
There is no other way:
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts chapter 4
Is He your Saviour? Have you turned to Him and to Him only? He is a wonderful Saviour, I recommend Him highly. Do it now. It is only between you and God. More later as I recall…….