In looking at Jimmy Swaggarts official site I find this under what he believes:
• The Redemptive Work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
No mention of the work of Christ on the cross providing Salvation and forgiveness for our sins. The fact is, this is heresy of the highest order. Gods will is not ALWAYS that our bodies are healed. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
The Apostle Paul had a thorn in his side and asked 3 times for the Lord to remove the physical infirmity. How did God answer?
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. 11 Corinthians chapter 12
Swaggart is a very charismatic preacher. Often does he add to scripture which is forbidden. Swaggart is what is called a health and wealth preacher. Have enough faith and God will heal your cancer, deseased heart and lungs etc. Plant your seed by sending him money and God will bless you with material wealth. All this is heresy, every last bit of it goes against what the Bible clearly teaches.
When we go to Swaggarts official site here is all we find:
What we believe at the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries
• The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
( Ps. 119; Mat. 4:4; Lk. 24:27 )
• There is one God, eternally co-existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. ( I Jn.5:7 )
• In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His Sinless Life, in His Miracles, in His Vicarious and atoning Death, in His Bodily Resurrection, in His Ascension to the Right Hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this Earth in Power and Glory to rule a thousand years.
( Jn.1:1-4;Eph.2:13-18;Rev.Chpts.19-20 )
• In the Blessed Hope – the Rapture of the Church at Christ’s Coming. ( I Thess.4:13-18 )
• The only means of being cleansed from sin is through Repentance and Faith in the Precious Blood of Christ. ( Rom.5:1;Eph.2:8-9,13-18 )
• Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal Salvation. (Jn.3:5-8;Titus 3:5)
• The Redemptive Work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. ( Ex.15:25-26;James 5:14-15;I Pet.2:24 )
• The Baptism with the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to Believers who ask for it.
( Acts 2:4;10:44-46;19:1-7 )
• In the Sanctifying Power of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life. ( Rom.6:3-14;8:1-2,11 )
• In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to Everlasting Life and the other to everlasting damnation. ( Rev.20:5-6,11-15 )
No mention of repentance. No mention of how a person comes to Christ. Of course some of what he lists is correct but you can’t mix correct and false together and think you are on the right track. If all you do is go by how you feel about Swaggart instead of what the Bible says, you are dead wrong and obviously have poor discernment. More later as I recall…….