Rather than simply giving my opinion the following are facts. I’m not talking about the original manuscripts as most every one agrees they no longer exist. I’m also not talking about the different copies of manuscripts in the Hebrew, Greek or Arabic language.
I’m talking about the Bible we have printed in English, the King James Bible.
- The Bible is error free. No mistakes, no contradictions. Very easy to prove such with the modern day computer. Use a search engine to look up any so-called error or contradiction and you will find a very reasonable and plausible explanation.
- The Bible is the only reliable book that contains accurate history. Though not a book bent on the teaching of history, the Bible gives the only source for historical accurate information. It’s not that there are no other books that contain accurate information, it simply can not be proven wrong in any way. Not one error in history does it contain.
- The Bible is accurate in all the scientific information contained and the Bible is full of scientific facts. The Truth of the Word of God tells us that God “hangeth the earth upon nothing” (Job 26:7). How did Job know that the earth hung in space before the age of modern astronomy and space travel? The Holy Spirit told him. The scientists of Isaiah’s day didn’t know the topography of the earth, but Isaiah said, “It is [God] that sitteth upon the circle of the earth” (Isaiah 40:22). The word for “circle” here means a globe or sphere. How did Isaiah know that God say upon the circle of the earth? By divine inspiration. In the 1940’s when scientists were learning more about our immune system they found that a new born babies immune system reached its highest level on the 8th day after birth. Yet when God told the Jewish people to circumcise their babies for a sign God commanded it to be on the 8th day after birth. Hundreds of examples could be listed of not just medical facts but of scientific facts in general.
- And there is incredible unity to the Bible. The Bible is one book, and yet it is made up of 66 books, was written by at least 40 different authors over a period of about 1600 years, in 13 different countries and on three different continents. It was written in at least three different languages by people in all professions. The Bible forms one beautiful temple of truth that does not contradict itself theologically, morally, ethically, doctrinally, scientifically, historically, or in any other way.
- Did you know the Bible is the only book in the world that has accurate prophecy? When you read the prophecies of the Bible, you simply have to stand back in awe. There are over 300 precise prophecies that deal with the Lord Jesus Christ in the Old Testament that are fulfilled in the New Testament. To say that these are fulfilled by chance is an astronomical impossibility.
- No other book has come close to changing lives for the better.
- No other book has been banned, burned or attacked, yet the Bible is the most printed book of all time.
With over 750,000 words the Bible is a wonderful book. Suited for a child or adult. Suited for the extremely bright mind to one that is dim. More later as I recall…….